Racking out your commercial vehicle the right way can make a big difference in terms of maximising the efficiency of your business.
That’s why we’ve listed some dos and don’ts on racking out your vehicle to keep it smart, safe and efficient – so your business can be too!
- Plan ahead: You’ll need to work out what you are carrying, how often it gets used, how big it is/how much it weighs and what protection it requires.
- Choose the right material: Whether it be wood, aluminium or steel, consider whether the material is easy-to-install and safety-compliant. How much will the weight of the material eat into your payload?
- Think about lay-out: A well-laid out van, making use of the space, may allow you to choose a smaller van than you thought and maximum storage facilities could mean less trips and more productivity.
- Overload the vehicle: Consider the weight of the racking and calculate the available payload left to store the tools and consumables (remember to include the weight of any passengers and a full load of fuel). While you may be tempted to store everything you need at once, especially for those “just incase” jobs, extra or unnecessary weight can really impact the performance and long-term ability of your van.
- Over-complicate things: Sliding partitions or removable shelves may seem like a great idea for loading and unloading your van, but the more moving parts you have, the harder it can be to maintain. Remember there’s only so much space in your van so should plan accordingly.
Better still, find a van hire company that can do it for you! Whether you need van racking or specialist equipment, Enterprise Flex-E-Rent can supply vehicles to your exact specifications.
Take a look at our van racking page to see some examples of the equipment we can add to your hire van or click on the button below to speak to one of our specialist vehicle hire experts.